Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan - What you need to know
A Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan is a Government backed mortgage for first time buyers. It is available through your Local Authority.
As a first time buyer you can apply for a Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan to purchase a new home.
The loan is a normal Capital and Interest-bearing mortgage which is repaid by direct debit on a monthly basis.
You can borrow up to 90% of the market value of the property.
Maximum market values of the property that can be purchased in Kerry under this scheme are €250,000.
- To be eligible for a Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan you must:
- be a first-time buyer
- be aged between 18 and 70 years
- be in continuous employment for a minimum of two years, as the primary earner or be in continuous employment for a minimum of one year, as a secondary earner
- have an annual gross income of not more than €50,000 as a single applicant or not more than €75,000 combined as joint applicants
- submit two years certified accounts if self-employed
- provide evidence of insufficient offers of finance from two banks or building societies
- not be a current or previous owner of residential property in or outside the Republic of Ireland
- occupy the property as your normal place of residence
- purchase a property situated in the Republic of Ireland of no more than of 175 square metres (gross internal floor area) All Properties for sale in this development are below this threshold.
- purchase a property which does not exceed the maximum market value applicable for the county in which it is located (€250,000 in Kerry)
- consent to an Irish Credit Bureau check.
Eligibility is subject to submission of a complete Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan application form and confirmation by the local authority.
Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan Application Form:
Interest Rate Options
A Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan offers two fixed interest rate products:
2.745% fixed for up to 25 years (APR 2.78%)*
2.995% fixed for up to 30 years (APR 3.04%)*
* Rates are subject to change. Mortgage rates are set on the date of drawdown of your loan.
All rates are exclusive of Mortgage Protection Insurance (MPI) which is a requirement of borrowing. Eligible borrowers are required to partake in the local authority collective MPI scheme. MPI is payable monthly, in addition to loan repayments.
If you choose a fixed interest rate product:
Your monthly repayments remain the same for the full fixed rate loan period, making budgeting easier – but during the fixed rate period, you may be liable for a breakage fee if you pay off all or part of your mortgage.
You should seek independent financial advice on which product is most suitable for you.
Ireland Home Loan Calculator
Visit the below link to the rebuilding Ireland Home Loan Calculator. This calculator gives only indicative results for illustrative and guidance purposes only and is not an offer of a loan.
For more information please contact your Local Authority Office.